In recent years, the Amador Water Agency has successfully completed numerous projects and implemented programs that improve service and save our ratepayers millions of dollars. Examples of cost saving projects include:
- The Gravity Supply Pipeline project (pictured) is now saving the Agency about $250,000 annually in energy costs formerly spent on pumping water uphill
- The Ione Water Treatment Plant Backwash Recycling Facility is reducing wastewater disposal costs by about $100,000 annually
- Grants totally more than $7.5 million are resulting in water system improvements to save water, improve water system pressure and flow, reduce leakage, improve water quality, and enhance fire-fighting capabilities at no cost to our ratepayers
- A hydroelectric generator at the Tanner Water Treatment Plant is providing net energy benefits of more than $85,000 annually; a second hydroelectric generation facility is planned for the reservoir serving the Ione Water Treatment Plant and will provide net energy benefits exceeding $110,000 annually when it is complete in a couple of years
- Outsourcing of billing and collection functions and automating meter reading is reducing administrative costs
- A new vehicle lease program is saving the Agency costs for maintaining and replacing aging vehicles and equipment.
Water Agency staff work tirelessly every day to help ensure uninterrupted, high-quality water service at affordable rates.